strange pump error on kickstart

Russell Coker russell at
Sat May 28 12:01:13 UTC 2005

I have some Toshiba laptops that I like to install via the built-in Ethernet
interface with kickstart.

I use the boot options "ks text".  The first time I do it things work fine,
but when I try it a second time pump acts as if it isn't receiving the
packet.  tcpdump on the dhcp server (a Debian machine running DHCPv3) shows
the correct packets going out.

When I complete an install and run pump I can't reproduce the problem.

Any ideas as to what I should test next?

--   My NSA Security Enhanced Linux packages  Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark    Postal SMTP/POP benchmark  My home page