IP Configuration: (was) Re: SELinux blocking EVERYTHING!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:47:18 UTC 2005

> About the IP configuration being lost, I have tracked the problem to the
> new NetworkManager program.
>
> I deactivated it, and now everything is normal....

I've played with NetworkManager and it doesn't seem to be able to
handle my wired connection at all. That aside, even with it disabled,
if I connect my laptop to our LAN with selinux running I can't get an
IP address. I'm not sure if its something with my tg3 network card or
the fact that the DHCP server is Windows 2003SP1 (probably the windows
component in general).

Since I changed my grub config from selinux=0 to enforcing=0 I've seen
alot of the avc deny statements in the messages file with some
mentions of dhclient and ping. I can attach some if they are of
interest to people.

The only thing I can think of that may cause problems (not sure if it
would though) is that I'm using a slightly old kernel as the newer
ipw2200 works much better for me and was rolled back in some of the
later kernels.

Pete