Spamassassin slows things down like mad!

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Sep 2 14:48:38 UTC 2005

I use Sendmail, milter-greylist, SpamAssassin with spamass-milter and
ClamAV on my mail server.

I get maybe one piece of junk mail that actually makes it into my Inbox
per month.

Greylisting knocks out over 90% of the junk, then SA catches the rest.
It's a thing of beauty.

No performance issues, either.  If SA is running slowly, I would look
really closely at what network tests are enabled.  Do you have one of the
broken versions of Net::DNS installed?  Do you have network tests which
are querying servers that aren't there?

I am running SA at a *bunch* of client sites and have seen no such
slowdown.  I am guessing that you have a configuration problem.

Thomas