boot changes with latest rawhide

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 18:59:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:40:38AM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:

 > > Or did you mean something else?  And does a bug need to be submitted and
 > > against what (depends on what hardware?)?  Do I need to post anything
 > > about my hardware to help see what is related/wrong to the list?
 >
 > I'd suggest filing against kernel.  At least lspci is needed, I'm sure
 > davej will chime in if he wants more.  Or reporting to lkml would also
 > be helpful since I know Dave doesn't really have time to fix up all of
 > these :/

dmesg output would probably be handy too.
Though as you say, I won't be fixing up a lot of these, especially
the older more-or-less unmaintained ones for ancient hardware that
no-one really cares about any more -- for those, I'll just disable
the fb driver if they cause problems, the vesa driver should be
good enough for those cards.

		Dave