vmware on kernel 2083

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 3 13:22:43 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 19:01 -0800, Tom London wrote:
> On 4/1/06, Felipe Alfaro Solana <felipe.alfaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > after upgrading from kernel 2074 to kernel 2083, vmware can not compile.
> > > vmware-config.pl abort with this error:
> >
> > Try Platan VMware patches for Linux:
> >
> > http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update99.tar.gz
> >

> Not sure if the latest update fixes this.
>
> See: http://www.vmware.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=375839#375839
>
> I posted a workaround there.....

Has anyone been able to get the VMware Server Beta MUI to work? My last
attempt on 3/30 netted zip for anything functional. It seemed to get
into fights with Apache on the system and also appeared to try and run
modules that were compiled with something no longer used on FC5.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Never murder a man when he's