boot camp (Re: intel-based macs)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Apr 8 15:19:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 11:13 +0200, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

> i do not know if  "boot camp"  is helpful, here it is.
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
> http://images.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/pdf/Boot_Camp_Beta_Setup_Guide.pdf
>

> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/71716

This is helpful, and it means we only need to get gpt partition tables
allowed on 32bit, and used by default if this arch is detected.  The
allowed part is easy, I've done it before for >2TB block devices.  If I
recall, it is very few lines of change.  However detecting this platform
and using it by default will take some more work.  Of course, I don't
have this hardware to test with, so I can't verify how easy or hard this
will really be (;

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora