xorg updates bugger gui conf

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 15:34:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

> How do I undo this latest update to be able again run my X server?

I'm in the same position. Unless you've used something like yumex, you should
be able to go to /var/cache/yum/development/packages and install the old
driver using

rpm -Uhv --oldpackage <package_name>.rpm

If you've used yumex, the default is to wipe the packages once they're down
and installed, which is a pain as I'd have thought the sensible approach would
be to keep them unless you say otherwise - for exactly this reason!

TTFN

Paul