At boot time, NetworkManager pops up _four_ dialogs to unlock my keychain!

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 05:01:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:14 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 13:07 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can someone please tell me how to diagnose this problem?
> > Every time I boot, I get a bunch of dialogs prompting me for
> > my master keychain password.  My master keychain contains
> > the passwords for my WPA2 and WEP-enabled access points.
>
> Yup, it's wierd and I have no idea why it does this yet.  Can you file a
> bug for it?

I am slowly getting enough data to track down this bug.  Right now my
best approximation is that when gnome_keyring_find_items or the sync
version gets called gnome-keyring iterates over each found item and
spawns an unlock keyring without blocking.  With this last bit of
information I should be able to replicate and track it down tomorrow.

Jon