firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:10:19 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Josh <islifefun1975 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I haven't been able to update Firefox to 1.5.0.2 from Help -> Check for
> updates on FC5. Firefox says no updates are available.

Firefox's internal update mechanism is only useful if you get firefox
from mozilla directly. Fedora provided firefox rpms and the idea is
that you will use the fedora package management and update system to
get the firefox updates which fedora provides as fedora provides
them... ie yum or pup or whatever other rpm management tool you
prefer.

-jef