Not sure if this is udev or the kernel

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Apr 21 14:25:09 UTC 2006

Horst von Brand wrote:
> Clyde E. Kunkel <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Hi,

> Same here (kernel-2.6.16-1.2141_FC6.i686), earlier one works
> (kernel-2.6.16-1.2136_FC6.i686). BTW, latest vanilla kernels crash
> similarly.

> Which ones?

>>> kernel
>>> If it's wrong, the RH chaps are usually so lovely and kind that they
>>> put
>>> it in the right place.
>>> TTFN
>>> Paul
>
>> Problem is in new device-mapper or lvm2.  Had to revert both to get
>> LVs back and mounted.
>
> Kernel is broken. Everything (except kernel) is up to rawhide here, and
> that is what I'm using right now.

 From Dave Jones in another thread, see especially sentence in ():

"This is actually a broken lvm2/device-mapper problem.
Downgrade those to the versions that shipped with FC5, and
reinstall the kernel, and it'll boot just fine.

(The reason the old kernel continued to work is because it
  still had the old versions of lvm2 in its initrd)

		Dave"
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)