Not sure if this is udev or the kernel

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Apr 21 15:08:56 UTC 2006

Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>
>> From Dave Jones in another thread, see especially sentence in ():
>>
>> "This is actually a broken lvm2/device-mapper problem.
>> Downgrade those to the versions that shipped with FC5, and
>> reinstall the kernel, and it'll boot just fine.
>>
>> (The reason the old kernel continued to work is because it
>>  still had the old versions of lvm2 in its initrd)
>>
>>         Dave"
>
> I did and it still crashes on boot...
>
> Kevin

Ok.  All I know at this point is that when I reverted, my LVs were seen
and I could mount them.  I do not have / on an LV.  If your 2147 kernel
was installed with the new mapper and lvm2, then the initrd was built
with the new mapper and lvm2.  An older kernel with initrd built with
previous versions "should work."  I see in another thread that you can
boot with an older kernel.  Try rebuilding the initrd for the 2147
kernel with the reverted mapper and lvm2 installed.  I see in rawhide
today that it has the older versions.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)