suspend/hibernate and cron question

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Aug 3 20:07:22 UTC 2006

Unfortunately on my test system suspend/hibernate is not doing
anything sane so I cannot check that myself.

To those with system which have some traction in the area the
question is as follows.  Suppose you have various cron jobs,
which is usually the case, a system is suspended in some form
and scheduled times are missed.  OK, so anacron is supposed
to notice that and catch-up.  But anacron is started once
during a bootup and once there is no more work to do it exits;
hence after you woke up your machine chances are that it is not
running.  Is this somehow taken into account on current systems?
This surely was not the case in the past.

    Michal