yum update blocked for now

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Aug 8 22:41:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 18:38 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I tried this feature once and somehow installed a package which did not
> have the deps resolved for it. I am sure the code is refined now, since
> it was awhile back when I tried the shell feature.

I remember that. I had neglected to make sure that the transaction dep
resolution was called before we ran the transaction. That was a long
time ago - I think in the 2.3.X series or so. anyway I know that has
been fixed :)

> The feature sounds great for allowing another front-end program to
> utilize the shell features. I hope the GUI installer / updating
> front-end programs can take advantage of this. They probably already do
> to some degree. They are not just groughy user approved yet.

I dunno. I know pup lets you select the stuff you want to do, though.

good luck,
-sv