20060810 changes - intel i810 - lost accelerated 3D

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Aug 10 21:49:34 UTC 2006

Kevin DeKorte wrote:
>> xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.4-3.fc6
>> -----------------------------
>> * Wed Aug 09 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.4-3.fc6
>> - intel-driver-rename.patch: Fix the driver name in more places so it'll,
>>   you know, load.
>>
>> * Wed Aug 09 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.4-2.fc6
>> - intel-945gm-lfp-blacklist.patch: At anholt's suggestion, remove the other
>>   LFP special casing in favor of the blacklist.
>>
>> * Wed Aug 09 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.4-1.fc6
>> - Admit defeat, kinda.  Package both i810 stable and modesetting drivers.
>>   The modesetting driver is installed as intel_drv.so instead of i810_drv.so,
>>   and is selected with Driver "intel" in xorg.conf.  Individual devices will
>>   whitelist over to "intel" until that branch gets merged into head.
>> - Update the stable branch driver to 1.6.4 from upstream, adds i965 support.
>> - intel-945gm-lfp-blacklist.patch: Blacklist LFP detection on machines where
>>   the BIOS is known to lie.
>>

> Ok, I upgraded the drivers for my i810 video card that were working fine
> before the upgrade.
>
> Now I have lost accelerated 3d
>

>  glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
>
> ERROR!  sizeof(I830DRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
> libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
> libGL error: InitDriver failed
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

What type of card are you using? I have the bottom end 815 and on
another computer a moderate 865G video. The 815, forget about attempting
3D. The 865G does a fair job.

Basically, there are a lot of different cards that use the i810 driver.
The personalities of the cards can be anywhere within capable of POS.

Jim

--
The end of labor is to gain leisure.