Nautilus didn't update during FC5->rawhide/FC6 transition.

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 23:38:11 UTC 2006

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 06:59:45PM -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>> Install report for 27 Aug 2006
>>
>> First: xorg.conf had a frame buffer driver configured (thanks for the previous report!)
>>        Had to edit xorg.conf to re-enable the trident driver.
>>
>> 2:     nautilus didn't get upgraded in the update, and fc5 nautilus doesn't like the fc6
>>        gtk libraries.  BZ bug 204264 filed.
>>
>> 3:     s-c-display still can't generate a proper 2 head display setup.

Too bad that it fails in a large percentage of cases. I had no luck with
dual-head and s-c-display either. (Many different combinations of
secondary video, ati, mga, nv)

>> Plan:
>>       will attempt to use yum to update the nautilus component and see if GNOME
>> returns to operational status. (Have to use KDE in the meantime!)
>>
>> --Wolfe
>
> Following myself up...
>
> Lots of things didn't get "upgraded", nautilus, yum, pirut, etc...
> Yum won't update due to a traceback of some sort.  Having problems solving dependencies.
>
> Right now the only option seems to be a direct install of rawhide/fc6t
>
> --Wolfe

You can also use one of the scripts on the wiki or try using yumex with
the feature that was mentioned earlier on the list.

Also, you could attempt an upgrade with the FC6T2 install media to see
if it handles an upgrade for you.

What would happen if you upgraded yum, pirut and their dependencies and
then tried yum upgrade again?

Jim

--
Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.