Weird desktop wide application focusing/cursor problem

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Mon Aug 28 14:46:08 UTC 2006

Hi,
Since I fully resynced with yesterdays rawhide I now regulary lose the
cursor/ability to type in *any* application on the desktop. I can still
focus a window (ie the title bar changes it's color) but I cannot type
anything in the terminal or in gedit. Also when focusing a window I don't
get any cursor (in gedit it completely disappears, in the terminal the
cursor is displayed as "unfocused" i.e. as an unfilled rectangle). Also the
menus can be selected and get highlighted but the actual menu popup doesn't
appear. Opera is affected too so this doesn't seem to be limited to gtk2 apps.

Risizing a window fixes the problem until it reappears a minute later.

Right now I don't even now what component to file a bug under because I
have no idea what could cause such a behavior. My best guess would be
metacity though.

These are the package versions I have installed right now:
   metacity-2.15.34-1.fc6
   gtk2-2.10.2-3.fc6
   xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.1-30.fc6
   kernel-2.6.17-1.2586.fc6