question about (this) maillist(s)

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 00:30:51 UTC 2006

hello bruno

thx 4 reply.

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 19:01 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 22:04:45 +0000,
>   Ronald Warsow <rwarsow at gmx.de> wrote:
> > hallo
> >
> > i have some questions how this mail list "management software (mailman ?, ...)" works:
> >
> > 1. why is the timestamp in the mailheader changed ? sometimes ?
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-August/msg00496.html
> >
> > sended at  Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 23:13:56 +0200
> > changed to Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:13:53 +0000
>
> It looks like the mailing list replaces the date header with its own.
> The variation in minutes is probably due to clock skew between your host
> and the mailing list server (since it says it sent the message before you say
> you did). The time zone is changed to GMT which is a fairly normal thing
> to do.
but it does it not always !!!
look at this
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-August/msg00116.html

time zone is the original (GMT+2)
and yesterday it was changed to GMT+/-0 !!!

> That breaks threading. You shouldn't reply to existing messages to start new
> threads
yes, yesterday i made a mistake ! (copy/paste-evolution-"crime")

> or send messages that aren't replies but are intended to be.

this last sentence is not complete clear to me.

how do i do a "clean" reply without downloading the hole list into
evolution ???

ronald