question about (this) maillist(s)

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 03:04:08 UTC 2006

hallo gerry

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 21:44 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> If you are _subscribed_ to the mailing list, you should be getting
> individual messages delivered to your e-mail address as they occur on
> the list.  There should be no need to _download_ anything.
if you have configured your subscription setting in that way.
i know this is the default after subscription, but you're able to be
subscribed and to *not* get mails from the list.

see button at end of the page "unsubscribe or edit options"

> A message
> appears in the in-box and one reads it and if interested, replies to it
> with the Reply button on the tool bar.
>
> I am having a hard time understanding how you are using the mailing-list
> in some different way.
i'm reading the list via web and if i find a subject i want to reply to,
etc. i fire up evolution, copy the subject from the webpage, write a Re:
in front of it, send the mail and get an entry "possible follow ups".

> Are you _subscribed_ as described on
> ?
>
> I am currently using Thunderbird, but have used Evolution in exactly the
> way I described.
>
> Gerry

ronald