grub menu scrambled?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 29 14:04:00 UTC 2006

I've noticed a couple of times recently when booting my FC6t2 x86_64
partition that instead of a normal grub menu screen with the light
blue fedora image background and white text, I'll instead get a
mess of scrambled lines (close to horizontal, but slanting down
from left to right).

I get to the FC6t2 menu from a chainloader entry in my master
boot grub install. The master grub always displays fine. There
is also a FC5 x86_64 partition I can chainload, and it's grub
menu always displays fine as well.

Did something about the way grub does video change in FC6t2?
Anyone else seen this, or do I just have something funny
with my particular machine going on?

One grub boots, the system, the video goes back to normal. I
have no problems with X.