Kernel 2.6.18?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Aug 29 15:28:04 UTC 2006

Quoting Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com>:

>>> Which is a prerelease 2.6.18 kernel.  It can't be called 2.6.18
>>> because that kernel doesn't exist yet.  See the changelog:
>>>
>>> * Sun Aug 20 2006 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
>>>
>>> - 2.6.18rc4-git1
>>
>> Hmmm - I must say I wasn't aware of this... If that the case, I
>> wonder if it's possible to get gregkh's full patch put into the
>> Fedora kernel.... would certainly make my life much easier :P
>
> Looks like Linus is back from vacation (or at least popping in), as
> 2.6.18-rc5 hit kernel.org on Sunday. That ought to contain everything
> gregkh was keeping in his tree, and we ought to have a new rawhide
> kernel based on -rc5 relatively soon...

Doesn't look like (for whatever reason) 2.6.18-rc5 had his patches in
it, as there's still the updated USB core stuff as well as i2c/PCI
fixes that haven't been migrated into the kernel yet at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-all-2.6.18-rc5.patch

It's about a 1.1Mb patch, mainly geared towards fixing a number of USB
issues as well as a few more drivers (including the adutux drive that
I require).

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au