Weird desktop wide application focusing/cursor problem

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Aug 31 22:39:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:46:55 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> > >It may depend on a display driver used.
> >
> > Why would the display driver have anything to do with this?
>
> Things which are drawn on your graphic display have something, as
> it happens, to do with your display driver and its configuration.
> Such driver handles also such details as acceleration, cursors -
> hardware or software, offscreen video memory, etc...
> BTW - did you try to see what will happen if you will turn
> SWcursor option on?  By default is off.

I highly doubt that the display driver is related at all. Key-press events
are not recognised at all for the erratically focused window, but for
other components of the desktop environment.

Btw, I have not updated my driver for a long time, since the mga
driver in FC6 Test is suffering from a very bad DoS.

$ grep exc /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo
exclude=xorg-x11-drv-mga

There's an open ticket about that which is sort of like /dev/null.