Compat-openldap not signed

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Tue Dec 5 18:52:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, oldman wrote:

> Why not edit your yum.reps.d/fedora-updates.repo file to gpgcheck=no
> then install the package.  I'm not sure, you may have to edit the
> yum.conf in a similar way (I did both and that works, however just the
> yum.conf did not!).
>
> Or you could download the files (http or wget) and install locally with rpm

Remember the last time an unsigned package wasn't challenged on
updates-testing and then made it's way into updates-released? That caused
some damage to the integrity of the system by its users. A mistake can
and should be forgiven, but recurring mistakes and two postings now of
the problem would be met harshly on the official updates list. And as
others have stated,the correct solution is to fix the problem on RH's
end, not ours.