Is it safe for kernel? and other FC6 lingering packages

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 11:46:56 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> I 'withdrew' the 2.6.19 kernel from rawhide yesterday, so people
> doing just a 'yum update' shouldn't get it anymore with any luck.

Thanks for pulling the kernel version and removing the temptation to
install the kernel version or the chance that running pup or yum would
pull in a known problem.
No updates are showing outstanding now. The kernel was the lone update
before the posting.

> I'll keep fighting it to try and get something out soon, but it
> may have to wait until I get back.

Thanks for the warning before too many tried to install the kernel.
Waiting until you are able to get a grasp on the build problem resolved.

Jim

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
-- Cal Keegan