Problems with dependencies in current rawhide

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 03:03:28 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
>> On Monday 11 December 2006 10:42 am, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Anyone got a recipe that avoids the dependencies in the current
>>> batch of rawhide updates?  Patience being a virtue for rawhide
>>> users, I can exercise some and wait it out if that is best.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum?highlight=%28yum%29
>>
>> Tips and Tricks
>>
>> "Yum halts if there is any dependency problem within the repository to
>> be safe and doesnt perform partial updates. Use this script if you
>> want that. Kindly ensure that you report any dependency issues to the
>> appropriate repository bug tracker or post to the relevant project
>> list if it requires more discussions."
>
> We have a better solution now. Updated that page.
>
> Rahul

Sounded great,but:

As root

rpm -qa | grep yum
yum-metadata-parser-1.0-8.fc6.x86_64
yum-3.0.1-2.fc7.noarch
yum-skip-broken-1.0.1-1.fc7.noarch
yum-utils-1.0.1-1.fc7.noarch

  yum  update --ignore-broken
usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo,
localupdate, resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove,
makecache, upgrade, provides, shell, install, whatprovides,
groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info, search,
check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Command line error: no such option: --ignore-broken

  yum  --ignore-broken update
usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo,
localupdate, resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove,
makecache, upgrade, provides, shell, install, whatprovides,
groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info, search,
check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Command line error: no such option: --ignore-broken

Have I misconfigured something?

sean