fc6 rescue cd options

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 16 03:49:44 UTC 2006

Skunk Worx wrote:
> if i try to disable probing and/or ddc, or change the resolution, using
> the rescue cd options, kickstart no longer works.
>
> additionally, on radeon machines, the option to stop ddc probing has no
> effect.
>
> ---
> John

There were postings on the regular list which mentioned ignored options
and resulting in out of range errors. If I recall, the person with the
problem with the radeon driver mentioned that the errors showed in the
Xorg.0.log stating the specified option was being ignored.

The problem was with wrong detection of monitor capability if I recall.

Jim

--
Preserve Wildlife!  Throw a party today!