networking problems after an update

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 12:48:10 UTC 2006

This happened to me as well, caused by the updates a couple days ago.

Where are the ifcfg*.bak files located?

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:16:24 -0500
From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: networking problems after an update
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
       <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>

Michal Jaegermann (michal at harddata.com) said:
> Cute indeed. :-)
>
> AFAICS my network modules are still in place.  I just
> restored my ifcfg*.bak files to original names, did
> '/etc/init.d/network restart', and I was back in business.
> It would be more interesting exercise if I had only a network
> access to a stricken box.

The symptoms that you describe are roughly similar to what would
happen if you removed your network cards, booted once, and then
rebooted with them in. So, the question would be why did that
code trigger in your case.

Bill