HOSED ...

bill gates III jr ddmbox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 02:57:00 UTC 2006

Howdy Rawhiders ,
After today's updates 01/02 you guessed it this system is hosed ...
just managed to recover from the sqlite3 fiasco breaking rpm
on the way :-) fixed them both by downgrading and some source code
shinanigans so ok lets get some more updates gcc, libstdc, yum, rpm etc all went in fine
no errors. Lets reboot, startup ok cept the usual audit avc denied noise (I need help
ere) now the situation is booting gnome or kde freezes after login and both just sit
there doing nothing similar to this msg -no logs:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-February/msg00061.html
the saga continues ...
Just found out I can boot to gui as root only (kde+gnome) so I did and grabbed a new
kernel 1892_FC5 but that also freezes before login :-) wollop ! bedtime.
system:
AthlonXP 2600+ nforce2 chipset
1GB ram
sw-raid0 Promise 376
bogus ABit ATI 9550 128mb NO repeat NO 3D
will BZ this and that in the am. zzzZZZZ
 names ave been changed to protect the innocent