ATI driver for X.org 7.0.0?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 19:00:04 UTC 2006

Neal Becker wrote:

> Speaking of which, what do I do to get kernel drm going?  I see:
> sbin/lsmod | grep radeon
> radeon                152096  0
> drm                   133544  1 radeon
>
> But in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
> (WW) RADEON(0): Enabling DRM support
>
>         *** Direct rendering support is highly experimental for Radeon 9500
>         *** and newer cards. The 3d mesa driver is not provided in this tree.
>         *** A very experimental (and incomplete) version is available from Mesa CVS.
>         *** Additional information can be found on http://r300.sourceforge.net
>         *** This message has been last modified on 2005-08-07.
>
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
> [...]
> (II) RADEON(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
> (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

I get the same, and subesquently everything from xscreensavers-gl-extras
to ksysinfo thet even things about GLX gets an error, I'm beginning to
wonder if we don't get any software Mesa fallback for openGL now?

It'd be nice to hear otherwise, I'm sticking with xorg drivers for now
instead of fglrx ones ...