Burning CDs

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:52:44 UTC 2006

And we have a winner again, cdburning is again broken for users.

bash-3.1$ cdrecord -dev=ATA:1,0,0 -driveropts=burnfree -data image.iso
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2005 Jörg Schilling
NOTE: This version contains the OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus
may
      have bugs related to DVD issues that are not present in the
original
      cdrtools. Please send bug reports or support requests to
      http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla The original cdrtools author
should
      not be bothered with problems in this version.
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: 'ATA:1,0,0'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.85-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c
1.85 05/05/16 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'PLEXTOR '
Identifikation : 'DVDR   PX-716AL '
Revision       : '1.00'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl

It works as root though, I tried filing to bugzilla but it gave me,
ironically, an error message.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - the GNOME commentary located at:
www.lovesunix.net/blog