Apple Updates?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:33:32 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Pete Graner <pgraner at redhat.com> wrote:

> What specific things are you trying to troubleshoot?

> Sound modules won't load
> Once modules are loaded sound won't work:
> Can only get X to run with FBDev not ati or radeon driver
> Currently wireless both the BCM and airo drivers are hosed
> Won't suspend with apmud (locks the box up HARD)

Similar issues - but I'm not wireless, etc...  ATI works correctly out
of the box; plus I'm not a laptop even though the power management
thinks I am...

BTW - you can get the sound system to work (manually) by using:

su - -c "modprobe *ppc*"

IE, load all the powerpc related modules; I just can't get it to work
automagically during start-up -- seems someone black-listed the sound
related stuff in /etc/modprobe*

I'll keep kicking it and see if anything pops out...
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting