tell yum not to remove original kernel

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 01:47:20 UTC 2006

Dear All,
   I have two machines running FC5T2 and one of the
machines I have fast connection and on the other I am
on dialup.

I want to update to the latest test kernel
2.6.15-1.1884_FC5 I believe on the dialup machine to
test some software that only runs on the default
kernel
[tonio at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5
[tonio at localhost ~]$

and not on the updated kernels.  On the computer with
the fast connection, this kernel was removed.  How can
I keep this kernel on the dialup machine?

I just need to do
# yum install kernel kernel-devel
but in the steps yum tells me to remove the default
kernel which I cannot afford to do.

TIA(Thanks in Advance)

Antonio