Anyone been trying suspend on recent kernels?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 5 02:48:01 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:

> David Timms wrote:
>
>> Andy Burns wrote:
>>
>> Do you happen to know if there is a GUI option to control what the
>> lid switch does (ie just backlight off would be better for me!) ?
>>
> If you right click the power manager applet, there are three choices
> for behavior to set for closing the lid. The choices are under the
> actions tab. I just set mine to do nothing. The other choices are
> hibernate or suspend. Suspend was chosen by default.
>
> Jim

OK, thanks, I hadn't tried right clicking the power status icon; I also
found access to the preferences in  System|Preferences|More
Preferences|Power Management.

To get extra entries in these dialogs, I guess it would be best to
submit enh requests at gnome-power.sourceforge.net, rather than
buzilla.redhat ?
DaveT.