Wireless

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:25:01 UTC 2006

>From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
><fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Wireless
>Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:11:35 -0500
>
>Don Springall (don_springall at hotmail.com) said:
> > After today's rawhide update dhclient is started at boot time and does
>not
> > pick up an ip address.  So instead of doing an /sbin/ifup eth1 I have to
>do
> > a /sbin/ifdown eth1 first before bringing up the wireless card.
>
>Did you shut down uncleanly before booting?
>
>Bill
It is hard to tell because I do not get the shutdown mesages most of the
time. The screen just goes blank and then re-boots. It went down badly the
first time after my yum update but after that it seems to be okay as I do
not get and lost clusters being deleted at boot time. When I do get messages
I have noticed that network manager fails to shut down properly often.