Any ETA for gimp-print 5.0.0 in Rawhide?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 10:00:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 04:08:48AM -0500, Miles Lane wrote:

> I have an EPSON Stylus Photo R340.  There is a driver for this printer
> in gimp-print 5.0.x.  Right now, rawhide has gimp-print 4.2.0, which
> has a driver for a R300.  This driver is unreliable sending output to
> my R340.

This isn't just a version upgrade, it's switching from gimp-print to
gutenprint.  A lot has changed, and it will need a lot of work.

A minor correction: rawhide does not have gimp-print-4.2.0, but
4.2.7.

There is now no chance that gutenprint will be in Fedora Core 5 that I
can see (lack of time and resources), but let's try to get it in
rawhide very soon after that.

Tim.
*/