Minor nuiscance with Gnome Terminal when using vino

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:11:21 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Jason Montleon <monty19 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I normally use RealVNC 4.1.1 client, but for the sake of testing I also
> tried TightVNC 1.2.9, and it did the same thing.  I also tried to get the
> same thing to happen with xterm, and it does not.  And based on your input I
> tried it with a VNC managed session just now, and the behaviour does not
> exist with that configuration.

to be clear.... was that xterm managed by the metacity window manager?
And the vnc managed session was the normal gnome desktop?

> So that you can see what I am talking about

I know exactly what you are talking about.. I see it as well on
rawhide and fc4 systems exporting a remote desktop using vino. I'm
just trying to narrow in on the exact conditions that trigger this. If
it only happens with gnome-terminal and only via a vino managed
session I would think its probably a vino bug that vte just happens to
see.    File this against vino and make sure you point that you
compared against a normal vnc session.

-jef