[Fwd: Re: rawhide report: 20060207 changes]

Sander Hoentjen tjikkun at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 8 12:58:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 07:48 -0500, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 07:01, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > That's already been done by someone, who has indicated they weren't
> > able to determine who it was.
>
> I don't remember ever getting one. I think it would be worth a try. I'm ready
> for the nuclear option.
>
> Regarding having everyone re-enroll. If their anti-spam system really requires
> a response to let the mail through, they probably aren't reading any of this
> mail about what a PITA they are. I also wonder if the signup mail would even
> get through to them since our mail system won't reply to the antispam email.

My wild guess:
- Person signs up using his yahoo.com (or whatever) e-mail address.
- Person gets an offer for this cool anti-spam uol.com.br e-mail address
- Person decided to go for it and forwards his old address to it.
- People on this list get annoyed (including me since i am sending an
e-mail again.

or maybe it was something else entirely :)

Now I also never saw the "Automated response checker with unique number"
but I think it would be a good idea.

Sander