CDs mount to volume name

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 02:00:58 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> You seem to roundly ignore most what I wrote.  Care for examples?
> Robust ones?

Considering that at the moment.. i can't even confirm on my rawhide
synced system.. even with a freshly created test user.. that CD's are
in fact mounting via their volume name... no I can not give you robust
examples for a problem that I can't actually recreate. Neither my ide
cdrecorder and my usb dvdwriter mount via volume name:

less /media/
 drwxr-xr-x  5 root     root  4096 Feb  8 20:55 ./
drwxr-xr-x 27 root     root  4096 Feb  8 19:38 ../
drwxr-sr-x  3 testuser root  2048 Jan 12 12:03 disk/   <--usb dvd
drwxr-sr-x  6 testuser root  4096 Jan 12 12:24 disk-1/ <--ide cdrw
drwxr-xr-x  6 testuser root 16384 Dec 31  1969 TOSHIBA256M/   <--- flash card

afaict this whole thread is moot currently and doubly moot long term
because there is a plan in place to expose configurability via UI to
users, gnome-mount-properties would be a sketch of the UI controls
being worked on.

-jef