rawhide install feb 02 2006 (http)

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:20:28 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grabbed boot.iso today for a test install, anaconda looks real nice,
> everything is working and was detected so far.
>
> One problem was yum
>
> # yum update
> Options Error: Error parsing 'gpgkey': URL must be http, ftp, file or
> https not ""
>

> Which is caused by /etc/yum.repos.d/anaconda.repo
>
> There is actually 3 errors in the file
>
> gpgkey = ['http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora'<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora%27>
> ]
> mirrorlist = None
> proxy = None
>
> changed to
>
> gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> #mirrorlist = None
> #proxy = None
>
> Works fine now.
>
> However I wonder if this should actually even be here, looks like it was
> used during http-install and then stayed behind, when maybe it should have
> gone away.

Oh, I did do a customized install and went pretty minimal just for install
bandwith (gnome/base)

Are some of the group data messed up?

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

 rpm -qa kernel\*
kernel-2.6.15-1.1915_FC5

yum info kernel-devel
Name   : kernel-devel
Arch   : i686
Version: 2.6.15
Release: 1.1915_FC5
Size   : 4.6 M
Repo   : development
 This package provides kernel headers and makefiles sufficient to build
modules
against the kernel package.

It is in the development repo but doesn't get installed with the other kids.