CDs mount to volume name

Karsten Fischer kfischer at bfki.net
Thu Feb 9 09:58:03 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2006, 10:29 +0100 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> With all due respect, displaying a directory under a different name than
> it's physical file name is annoying enough, but mounting physical media
> under different names is mere non-sense, IMNSHO.

Sorry, I don't seem to understand. My aforementioned CD (the physical
media) called "Tax2005" will - as of now - always be mounted
as /media/Tax2005 - only if I would create a new one, calling it
"Tax2005-Part2", it would mounted elsewhere, but then the physical media
HAS changed.

The difference between our positions seems to be that you are referring
to the CD-Drive as the physical media and I refer to the actual CD as
the physical media.

--
Karsten Fischer