Bling!

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 22:22:30 UTC 2006

Hi,
> > If after using things for a while all your window borders disappear, you
> > may have better luck by setting the METACITY_SYNC environment variable
> > to 1 and rerunning spififity.  Setting the environment variable incurs a
> > minor performance hit, but it will also mask a lingering bug in the
> > compositing manager code.
>
> Yes I ran into this, and have since went back to original metacity (I
> think, does rebooting work?).  But I have lost my borders and such and
> can't think/don't know how to get them back?

Weird.  Maybe you saved your session with spififity running then
uninstalled the spififity rpm?

If so, log into a virtual console or failsafe xterm as your username,
then run:

sed -i -e 's/spififity/metacity/' ~/.gnome2/session

Alternatively, reinstall the spififity package, log in, press alt-f2 and
then type "metacity --replace"

--Ray