Yum update cron Jobs

Peter Gordon admin at ramshacklestudios.com
Fri Feb 10 17:05:41 UTC 2006

> Is anyone working on improvements to yum so a cron job can be
> scheduled to update everything and not fail due to dependency
> errors ? If so what is the time line for this feature ?

Yum has a nightly update cron that you can enable like any other
service:

# chkconfig yum on

If the update fails due to dependency issues, then you must manually
run something such as `yum --exclude=broken-pkg update`. I'm not sure
how safe a "skip the errors" Yum would be, as you could be potentially
breaking your system if not careful. :-/

~~Peter