Bling!

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 19:15:50 UTC 2006

Hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2006, 16:33 -0800 schrieb Jesse Keating:
> > On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 23:05 -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> > > If you see drop shadows and a bunch of solid white windows, you probably
> > > aren't running the right X server.  Make sure you're running Xair and
> > > not Xorg.
> >
> > I don't quite get that.  Here is what I get:
> >
> > http://geek.j2solutions.net/shots/blang.png
>
> I can add another one:
>
> http://www.bfki.net/test/Bildschirmfoto.png
Are you using a laptop with an external monitor?  If so, if you lower
your resolution to be the same as the native resolution of the laptop
does your problem go away?

What if you add

Option "MonitorLayout" "NONE,LCD"
(or "NONE,CRT" if your monitor is a crt)

to the device section or your xorg.conf?

--Ray