cannot restart xen domain

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:06:24 UTC 2006

I have tried most all of that (should have mentioned that in the previous
post, my bad.)

Following is the output for each:

# xm list
Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      192     1 r-----    99.0

#xm destroy fc5t2xen
Error: Domain 'fc5t2xen' not found when running 'xm destroy'

xm create fc5t2xen
Using config file "/etc/xen/fc5t2xen".
Error: [Errno 17] File exists

The config file was created with xenguest-install.py and its contents are as
follows:

# cat /etc/xen/fc5t2xen
# Automatically generated xen config file
name = "fc5t2xen"
memory = "256"
disk = [ 'file:/opt/xen/fc5t2xen.disk,xvda,w' ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:3f:02' ]
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

I have shutdown and cold booted the machine in the hopes that the process
would clean up whatever problem exists, but no go.  I've tried cleaning up
(deleting) xen related  /tmp and /var/run and rebooting as well.  I'm sure I
probably could have done more damage than good deleting some of the stuff I
did, but a quick reboot afterwards and the system seems no worse for wear,
although the error is persisting.