ATI Drivers revisited.

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 12 19:18:01 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 13.02.2006, 03:58 +1100 schrieb Steven Haigh:
> [...]
> At the moment, I'm using the driver built from:
> http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.lvn/graphics/
> (Direct link: http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.lvn/
> graphics/xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.21.7.1-0.lvn.1.src.rpm)
>
> This driver supports X.org 7.0.0.0 - but is currently only 8.21 -
> which gives me some issues - hence the desire to try the new driver.
>
> Is there some patch or something that I should be applying to the LVN
> src.rpm to make it work with X.org 7.0.0.0? I must be missing
> something here, but I can't find it :|

To me the obvious solution would be: Look into the changelog of the
working rpms and search for the email address of the packager. Contact
him and ask if he plans to update the drivers to the latest version.

Some birds told me that the update to 8.22.5 currently is uploading to
above URL.

Please tell the maintainer if everything works -- he got nearly no
feedback on them yet and has no hardware to test them atm. If there is
something wrong with them please tell the maintainer about the problems
so he has a chance to fix it in a later release.

:-))

CU
thl