rawhide report: 20060213 changes 2/2

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Feb 13 12:31:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, February 13, 2006 11:03 pm, Neal Becker wrote:
> Transaction Summary
> Install      7 Package(s)
> Update    1243 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
> Total download size: 1.5 G
> Is this ok [y/N]:

Woah!

> OK, do I dare?

Sure - it is a development machine after all, right? :)

> Has anyone tried this massive update?  Any good/bad reports?

It doesn't look like these updates have hit my local mirror
(mirror.optus.net.au) yet - as it's not showing me any updates... but I'm
game when it does :)

> I saw a couple reports over the weekend of failures to start X.  Not sure
> I want to try that experiment.

Mine still works - and that's before any updates today. So I'd say it may
not be related. You never know though - that's what makes the devel stuff
so fun :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897

Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.