rawhide, firefox, and flash

Misha Kononov fedora at mishakononov.com
Mon Feb 13 22:32:31 UTC 2006

Jason Dravet wrote:
> Has anyone gotten flash to work properly in firefox?  Every time I
> visit a flash enabled site I get the missing plugin prompt, I tell it
> to download the plugin, I accept the terms, it downloads and installs,
> but it doesn't work.  I still get the missing plugin prompt.  I have
> rebooted several times.  The plugins are in the right places.  If I do
> a about:plugins no plugins show up.  What is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
Jason --
I had the same issue. In the end it was the update to kernel 1928 that
got it working. I'd also recommend grabbing the flash-plugin rpm from
http://macromedia.mplug.org/ , installing it, running the included
homecleanup script, then running the included setup script. Restart FF,
and it should show in about:plugins.

--Misha