KDE update - no testing period?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 14 10:40:34 UTC 2006

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> I agree that major revisions of packages should go through
>> updates-testing repository(
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg00220.html
>> ) but that by no means is going to fix all the relevant issues
>> especially when the feedback from users using the repository is low
>> to non existent.
>

> I have updates-testing enabled on a couple machines here for testing,
> but have often found that either:
>
> - The time spent in updates-testing in so short (2-3 days?) that
> there's no time to test.

It depends on the component. We have to strike a balance between waiting
forever in hope of getting good feedback and getting a quick release
without any testing.

> - The bug I filed for one component was not responded to before being
> released, so why bother.

Just because one bug you filed didnt get feedback doesnt mean that
feedback is being ignored. Largely because there are hundreds of bugs
being filed across thousands of components every day developers cannot
respond immediately to every single one of them. Try getting involved
with the bug triaging team if you want to help on the receiving end.

--
Rahul