Problems with KDE and usb drive automounting

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:19:56 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:
> Recent rawhide prevents HAL from starting up because of the privilege
> separation (HAL now runs with dropped privileges and has a helper daemon
> to execute scripts). SELinux wasn't updated to reflect this change yet.

I have selinux in permissive mode on the rawhide box i use at home...
so I'd be pretty surprised if this were an selinux issue.
I'm getting some very odd behavior with how any hot pluggable devices
are being detected in the gnome desktop. I've never had a clear
picture as to how to squeeze debug information out of nautilus when
nautilus fails to detect or remove devices on plugin and unplugging.

-jef