Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 02:16:22 UTC 2006

I noticed that the power manager is starting to be pretty much a battery
applet with a few less features. What is this crippling supposed to
accomplish?

A few days ago, I knew how to prevent closing the display lid on my
laptop w/o having it go into suspend. today, I am at a loss to how to
change my power management settings.

I know that there were bug reports requesting removal of the options on
computers that are presently incapable of successfully going into
suspend or into hibernate. It does not seem rationale for settings to
not be easily manageable as if the obstacles preventing those that have
problems on their systems presently because of lack of resolution in the
development arena are slower than would be expected.

Removing the features seems like a move to styfle legitimate bug reports
and hide a legitimate failure on the power management scene.

I hope to see reversal of the degradation of the power manager to yet
another battery charge indicator.

Jim

--
It's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets
another beer.