Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Feb 16 04:46:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 23:38 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

> Susend now shows on the menu but shutdown now is missing after killing X
> with ctl-alt-backspace.
>
> lockscreen
> logout jim
> Suspend
> (no shutdown displayed)
>
> There is some progress. Maybe things will be as designed after the
> relabel and reboot.

This is by design at this point.  Upstream(?) feels that shutdown
shouldn't be an option, just suspend.  Personally I think that's a load
of crap, but that's just my personal opinion.  I have to use shut down a
lot w/ my laptop since hibernate isn't working and my laptop will eat
the battery in very short time if I leave it suspended and unplugged.